Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: American Girl has raised prices!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    alleyflo
    Guest alleyflo's Avatar

    Unhappy

    Now is $87 for a doll!!!!!! Can you believe it?! As if they aren't already rich...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The increase in doll prices could be due to the increased cost in shipping them from China. Increased prices for gasoline have been mentioned often enough in the news.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity's bed is now $108! Felicity's Windsor Writing Chair is $62. [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 05, 2005 01:51 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Oh dear; I'd better place an order soon before more prices go up! good thing I am not planning on getting any more dolls!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kirsten's trunk is $159. [img]mad.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Darn! Her trunk is on my wishlist! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really want Kirsten's trunk.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    personally, the 3-5 dollar increase wouldnt be too bad if they lowered the shipping costs. The fact that everything is raised just means you're that much closer to the next price of shipping.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I predicted this to happen a little ways back. I had heard that Mattal would be increasing the cost to Barbies due to rising oil costs (from what I remember it was something about the cost of the material being associated with oil). So, I thought that this might happen with the American Girl dolls and their items. I really am not surprised that this happened.

  10. #10
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar
    A lot of Kirsten's items have gone up in price! I knew the dolls were going up, but I didn't know lots of accessories were also. Now her party treats are $29 instead of $24 (that seems like a lot to me) and the Mama cat and kitten have gone up $2 since I bought them on the 1st! They were on sale for $12 and now it's $14! I'm glad I ordered them when I did. I'm not thrilled about AG's prices going up (they haven't changed much since I got my Kirsten), but I understand it's the economy. I really like the new look of the site, and it's really easy to find everything. And of course, I will still buy. I just still have so much to get to complete my Kirsten and Felicity collections! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •